cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Unknown device on my network

Go to solution

I've got an unknown device on my network and I cant remove it - what is it?Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 23.34.25.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unknown device on my network

Go to solution
Google the MAC address, it may give you clues to a manufacturer.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@grinchyfacewrote:

I've got an unknown device on my network and I cant remove it - what is it?Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 23.34.25.png

Do you have a "smart" meter?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@grinchyface wrote:

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

The MAC address is for a device made by Hon Hai Precision and a quick Google says this:

Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., also known by its trade name, Foxconn, is the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer. It makes mobile phones, computers, servers, and TVs. Other products include components such as connectors, cable assemblies, enclosures, flat-panel displays, game consoles, and motherboards.

So it could be anything really 😆

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah - I got that far - its on my wifi and I cant disconnect it.....how can I force that?

What does the green "D" mean?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I've seen these sometimes on various networks, and found them to be mostly printers, often HP.   They appear as part of the "direct print" features such devices have.  But as others said, could be many things.  Is it there all day, which suggests something infrastructural, or comes & goes which would suggest something mobile.  The 2.4GHz suggests it is not something needing a high data rate.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

boom - its the printer