cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unreliable wi-fi with any iPhone and BT HH5 (early model)

I have BT Infinity and an early BT HH5 which is running the most up to date firmware. I have an excellent download and upload speed.

I have an iPhone 5S, 7 and 11 all on the most up to date iOS, and all of them have continually suffered from random pausing data issues via wi-fi when connected to the HH5. The pauses can be anything from a few seconds to a couple of minutes, most noticeable when streaming audio or video, but also when general browsing in all apps (email, Facebook etc.). To resume normal use I often have to turn wi-fi off and back on again on the phone(s).

Very occasionally the HH5 needs a complete power-off-on reset as it disconnects and reconnects wi-fi to the phone every few seconds.

My wife's laptop is connected via wi-fi and never has any issues.

There are no problems with any wired device (including BT TV box and Amazon Prime TV) so it is only wi-fi and only with iPhones. Is this a known (in)compatibility problem or do I have a faulty HH5? There are no settings I can change in the HH5 setup which could make any difference.

If the HH5 is faulty, is that my responsibility to pay for a replacement (a current model) or BT's?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unreliable wi-fi with any iPhone and BT HH5 (early model)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

if laptop has no problems with wireless sounds like it may be an apple problem

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

if you split the networks then I would select channels manually and not leave auto  use wifi analyser on phone and find networks near you and channels in use and select a free or less congested channel where your signal is strongest

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you. I will try the suggested remedies

0 Ratings