cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWilliams
Message 1 of 3

Unsure if these calls and texts are really from BT about my broadband?

I keep receiving phone calls and texts from someone called Tammie in Belfast saying she needs me to ring her back to book an engineer visit to my home.  At the same time, there's been a fault on my broadband and landline that has affected the area of town I live in.  I received a legitimate email from BT this morning saying the issues have been sorted, and now I can see my broadband is 10x quicker than yesterday and my landline works again.  However, I'm still getting texts and voicemails from Tammie in Belfast telling me to book an appointment.  I've texted her back my speeds but she won't desist.  The internet forums I've been on seem to be in two minds   as to whether the number she is calling from is really BT.  It's 0800 328 9393.  I've done several live chats with BT and each operator I speak to has a different opinion.  Has anyone else experienced this?  This number also rang a relative of mine who doesn't have BT at all. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unsure if these calls and texts are really from BT about my broadband?

Hi @JWilliams

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I can understand your concern as you can't be too careful these days.  There are a lot of scams doing the rounds.  Rest assured, the number is a genuine BT number so this isn't a scam.  Just remember, BT would never randomly call you asking for you to confirm any personal details.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JWilliams
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unsure if these calls and texts are really from BT about my broadband?

Thanks Robbie, that's reassuring.  The problem on my landline and broadband has been fixed, but I didn't make an appointment for an engineer to call.  Apparently it was a wider problem in my town.  The only concern I have now is that other people I know have received calls and texts from these numbers, but these friends have no BT accounts or landlines (Virgin customers or pensioners without PCs).  Could the number be duplicated?

0 Ratings