cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Update firmware on Hubs used as repeaters

Does her MBP try to connect to a specific SSID on  specific band and does the HH4 have that SSID on both bands (since I believe it can use separate SSIDs on the 2 bands)?  Just a thought.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Seems to be. Both SSIDs same, WPA2 security, 5Ghz syncing with 2,4, not sure what else needs checking

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Thoughts about replacing the HH4? Shoudl i get a 5th SH2, or WiFi disc?

Do Wifi discs keep themselves up to date?

Also thought o nthe perfwect system? is 1 gateway Hub plus Wifi Discs cabled in the best network?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Would appreciate some help from experts here.

i do need to replace the HH4, and now one of the SH2 [child 1 broke it playing football...], so would using what i call [and please correct me if wrong] a 'WiFi disc'.

wifi disc: https://www.bt.com/broadband/complete-wifi

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

and what about SH3?

if anyone is still reading this, id appreciate some advice

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

I would replace the lot of them with a mesh system. You can still use your Ethernet cables to link the mesh units together for even better performance.

The advantage is that as well as allowing devices to roam between them better, they can all be configured and updated centrally as if they were a single unit, rather than the several independent units you have at the moment.

TP-Link Deco XE75 works well for me at the moment, but I have used M5 in the past which worked fine, although limited speeds a bit.

0 Ratings