cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Upgrade to SmartHub

Hi.

I'm on the 52Mbps plan and running BTHub5, is there any way to upgrade to the smart hub, and what would the cost be for this?

Thanks,

P

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Upgrade to SmartHub

If you browse this forum a bit you'll see that numerous people have had a variety of difficulties with the HH6, to the extent that many would consider it a 'downgrade' rather than an 'upgrade'. If your HH5 is working satisfactorily, I think the best advice would be to stick with it.

If it ain't broke ...

p

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

@PhilTS

Welcome to this user forum.

As @prinknash has said, stay with the HH5. Why do you want to change it, as the HH6 has a couple of disadvantages?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Why would you do that to yourself? I paid for a hh6 biggest mistake ever, on my 3rd one already going to get a 4th because of wifi issues. Ready to throw it out the window. 

When it works it's fantastic way better than the hh5 interms of signal and performance , but it seems like a lottery on who you get's one that works. I thinks it's £65 for existing customers if you want to take the gamble.

https://www.products.bt.com/broadband/accessories

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

I use a HH6 without any problems and wireless is better than the HH5 - i would not buy one though   you may be able to get one free as many seem to get HH6 without a problem. certainly from some of the forum posts there appear good hh6 and ones with problems - pot luck which you get

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

I'm on my 3rd unstable HH6 and (stupidly) gave away my reliable stable HH5, and so I can't go back. If you have an HH5 that works, I wouldn't switch if I were you.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I'm in the same situation as the OP, but actually have a Smarthub - unopned and untested. Been put off swapping it for my HH5 because of all the negative comments here.

Is it possible to upgrade the software on it, so it's as ready to go as it can be, without uninstalling my HH5?  Thinking the sw upgrades might have ironed out all the issues, so I could update the Smarthub and temporarily swap out the HH5 with it and use it for a few days. Or will this not shake out the issues?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

No, the only way to upgrade the firmware is to leave it connected to line, it cannot be upgraded manually.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Have the HH5 and Smarthub connected in parallel?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Can't be done, you can only have one modem connected to line at a time.

0 Ratings