cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Upgraded BT & now printer won't work

When you upgraded did you receive a new hub.

How old is your printer.

It could be the printer being 2.4 and not coping with dual bands.

I had a problem several years ago when my Canon printer suddenly refused to print - this was solved by allocating the static IP address 192.168.1.50

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Conrad, Thanks for the reply. I did get a new hub. The printer is quite a few years old, but loathe to buy a new one when it works (or did) perfectly. I have no idea how to do the action you suggest on the printer🤔, but if you can offer step by step instructions....?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Here is a guide how to turn off the wifi on the Smarthub. This is the one for  2.4Ghz but it is the same for the 5Ghz which is what you want to turn off.

How do I turn wi-fi on and off on the BT Hub? | BT Help

If your printer connects to the 2.4Ghz when the 5Ghz is turned off remember to turn the5Ghz back on once the printer has connected.

I would however suggest that before doing that you should carry out a factory reset of the printer if you have not already done so before doing anything else and then set the printer up as a though it was a new device.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Les-Gibson & licorice

Have restored factory settings on the printer but still nothing.

The scanner is working fine. The print is showing as sent to the printer but then the error message comes up unable to print.

I think I am going to have to call in a professional 😞

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

If the scanner is working but  not the printer, the problem isn't with the hub or connectivity as the scanner wouldn't work either.

Very odd.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Have you cleared out the printer queue of all the prints that you have sent?

Message 17 of 26

Yes I have
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

licorice -I know - nothing is ever simple where i'm involved! Thanks for trying for me

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Are you able to connect with a USB cable. If it works it would mean a wifi/ router problem. If it doesn't work its a printer problem.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Is everything being shown as being on a private network - if not then the printer won't print.

No idea why this occurs but did happen with me but can't remember what caused it but making sure everything was private sorted it under Windows 7 though.