cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Upgraded to Halo 3 - no sign of a new router

Go to solution

Hi all.

I have just upgraded to Halo 3 last week and wondered if I will receive a new router as I still have the old Homehub.  The order is saying complete, but no mention of a new router being sent to me. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgraded to Halo 3 - no sign of a new router

Go to solution

You should have received an Order Timeline by email, this details any kit they are sending you

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Halo 3 doesn't include a new Smart Hub2, unlike Halo 3+ which does as you get the complete wi-fi discs included with it, the wi-fi discs work with the Smart Hub 2 which is why it's sent as part of the subscription.

You can compare the 2 packages at https://www.bt.com/halo3plus/

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you.  It wasn't clear when I was ordering that I didn't get a new hub.  Guess I need to upgrade again! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Unless you want the complete wifi discs there's no point, the new hub won't be any better than your old one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Really?  I have the old HH4.  I was hoping it would be better than that.  Oh.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Do you currently have ADSL, i.e standard copper broadband, or do you have VDSL (FTTC) 'fibre' broadband with an Openreach modem as well as the hub?

If you have the former, you are better sticking with the HH4 as it is better suited to ADSL.If you have the latter, an upgrade to the SH2 will remove the need for the separate modem. However, downsides to the SH2 are the limited number of wifi channels that can be selected and the inability to give the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi separate SSIDs.

0 Ratings