cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrading an old BT Hub with a new BT Hub

Go to solution

What are the steps when replacing an old BT hub with a new BT hub? Does it automatically carry over the old name and pw?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrading an old BT Hub with a new BT Hub

Go to solution

No new hub comes with its own SSID and password. However there is no reason why you cannot change the new Hub SSID and password to the same as previous hub and that way all your wireless devices will connect automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Cruzn-on 

Welcome to this user forum.

No, it would have totally different details, however you can change them to match your old home hub.

Is the old home hub faulty? If not, then why are you replacing it, as you may encounter other problems if you are upgrading the the BT Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Which username and password are you referring to? If you mean the PPPoE broadband login, then nothing changes but the hub manager admin password, the wifi ID and password will all change.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No.

You can change the new hub to have the same SSid (name) and password if you want to keep them so that you do not need to set a new connection all your devices.

If you don't want to do that and are happy to keep the SSid (Name) and password that comes with the hub you will need to make a new connection to it with all your devices.

see links

Connecting and setting up your BT Hub | BT Help

Connect to a BT Hub using wi-fi | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for all of the replies. The new hub is in and running fine. I changed the name a pw to match the old one. I have not discarded the old hub, I may use that to extend the range.

cheers

0 Ratings