cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartMcDonald
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Upgrading to BT Infinity - Home Hub 5 needed?

Tried asking this question to the online customer support chat but got nowhere, so thought I'd try here!

I'm due to upgrade from BT Unlimited Broadband to BT Infinity Unlimited 2 on January 15th - order tracker shows as in-progress with engineer booked for that date. However, there's nothing mentioned in the tracker about the Home Hub 5, whereas all the blurb I've seen says that Infinity uses the 5 - I have a Home Hub 4 currently.

So, the questions are:

1) Do I need a Home Hub 5 to get the best out of BT Infinity, or will my current Home Hub 4 work just as well?

2) If I do need a Home Hub 5, will BT be sending me one (or the engineer bringing me one), or is it something I'd need to order separately?

Thanks for any information you can give!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrading to BT Infinity - Home Hub 5 needed?

Home Hub 4 won't work with Infinity unless you have a separate Openreach modem. You should be sent a HH5 which will arrive in the post a few days before your activation date.

0 Ratings
MartMcDonald
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Cool, thanks for that - I thought something like that would be the case... Just surprised that the order doesn't actually mention sending the hub (I remember the order for BT Unlimited Broadband did). Guess I just have to hope that it all goes to plan!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

infinity may well be self install and you will not get an engineer visit   with hh5 it is just plug and play

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 5 of 5

I'm part of the way through the same upgrade. I can see the equipment order along with parcel tracking as part of the order but ONLY if I login to bt,com first if you just goto the order tracking page with the order number and postcode without logging into myBT portal I dont see anything about the equipment order.
0 Ratings