Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madhatter20
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Upgrading to superfast fibre 2

OK so bt have me seriously confused. 

I want  to upgrade my Internet and I'm currently on Fibre Essential.

Now Bt site have 3 broadband packages on there site Essential 37mb, Fibre 1 50mb and Fibre 2 67mb.

When checking availability in my area/ postcode it sais I can get Fibre 2 at 67mb.( also check I can get up to 100mb in my area on another site)

So I go on the app and click on upgrade my package. And the only option it gives me is Fibre 2 but at 50mb?????  Why? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrading to superfast fibre 2

If you use this checker it will tell what cabinet you are on and what services it can receive.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Post back a screen shot after you have removed your phone number.

0 Ratings
Madhatter20
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Screenshot_20200209_093729.jpg

This is what I get. 

0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Your range is approx 40 to 67 Mb, if on ‘essential’ AFAIK, that is up to 40mb ( marketed as 38 ) , if you can access you router stats , can you see the max attainable rate ?, it may influence if an upgrade is worthwhile or not, and  if it is, is it the 55Mb or 80Mb product that is best, obviously if your max attainable was 41-44Mb , an upgrade may not be worth it, if the max was 60Mb, them the 55Mb may be better that an 80Mb that you wouldn’t get close to, this all assumes your internal wiring  arrangements are as good as they can be, ( like having your router in the master socket, ) 

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Madhatter20 

from checker results you have a 41/12mb connection currently suggesting with the 12mb up that you are on superfast 2 already

start your own thread and post your hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings