cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thespen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Usage Monitor not updated since 23:59 11/01/2013

Opening a new thread to reflect the new date and my problem detailed below - also does this happen a lot and when can I expect an usage update?

I ask because I have just gone over to fibre and was monitoring my download speed when I noticed that it had gone down and was much lower than expected. On checking I had an unknown device on my network.

I have changed my router password and key and that seems to have fixed the problem, however it possible the unknown machine could have been on for a couple of days which worries me of how much he/she/it may have used of my limitSmiley Sad.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Usage Monitor not updated since 23:59 11/01/2013

@Thespen wrote:

Opening a new thread to reflect the new date and my problem detailed below - also does this happen a lot and when can I expect an usage update?

I ask because I have just gone over to fibre and was monitoring my download speed when I noticed that it had gone down and was much lower than expected. On checking I had an unknown device on my network.

I have changed my router password and key and that seems to have fixed the problem, however it possible the unknown machine could have been on for a couple of days which worries me of how much he/she/it may have used of my limitSmiley Sad.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

It is actually extremely unlikely for someone to have latched onto your system, unless you have given them a wireless key or somehow left the key visible in a window.

It is sometimes tricky to understand what may be connected, as every device has an ID - for example powerplugs, switches, TVs etc, however they should be listed as wireless, ethernet, usb etc.

What was the unknown device connected as ?

You can easily see if the unknown machine was using the connection, by looking at the hub stats and checking the usage values by refreshing the page - as long as nothing else you know about is turned off etc.

0 Ratings
Thespen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Usage Monitor not updated since 23:59 11/01/2013

Thxs for the reply, changing the key stopped the other machine connecting and I have re-enabled all my own devices.

The usage monitor came back up last night but I am only slightly over what I estimated my usage should be (3G ish)

Thxs again and reading the forums I will just have to live with usage monitor being intermittent.
0 Ratings