Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoroMagpie
Message 1 of 8

Using 3rd party equipment

Go to solution

Good Day 

I have superfast Fibre Plus Broadband and I am wanting to use my Openreach HG612 Modem now I am currently using BT new Hub and is connected via ethernet, I have read all over the net that to use 3rd party equipment you have to create a PPPoE that would mean you have to connect each time and I'd like to set up a permate connection so when you load windows you have your little monitor icon in the task bar as instead of a world icon which you will get by doing it PPPoE 

I see currently in Network Share setting my adapter type is ethernet, but when you click new connection all I am offered is PPPoE or Dial up 

Look forwared to any help 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Using 3rd party equipment

Go to solution

Once you have set up the PPPoE connection in the router there is no need to set it up again, it will connect automatically.

0 Ratings
BoroMagpie
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

so instead of setting up through network connections on Windows 10 put the PPPoE information in the Openreach HG612 modem instead is that what your saying, that whay it will connect automaticaly every time 

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

No you enter the PPPoE details in the router not the modem.  You will need to purchase a router to use in addition to the modem or buy a combined VDSL modem/router.

0 Ratings
BoroMagpie
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks will try that 

0 Ratings
BoroMagpie
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I  have my old Netgear WNDR4500v2 router so that is where i need to enter the BT username and Password, then it will connect automaticaly after that

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Correct.

0 Ratings
BoroMagpie
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks to every one who advised me on how to do it works a dream final got away from BT home hub
0 Ratings