cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnBateson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Using WiFi Extender BT 601 and BT Hub 6 to get to room at bottom of garden

I have a HUB 6 which works well in the house but not down to the hooby room some 90' away at the bottom of the garden.

I also have a BT 610 WiFi Extender which I am having some difficulty setting up. None of the recommended methods works in the setting up procedures will work - it does seem this is a common problem.

The computers will recognise the extender in their possible possible connections list but they will not link through to the Hub.

Factory reset does not work - same problem.

I have never had problems connecting either using ether or WiFi ubtil this one - leads me to think there is some compatability issue between the Hub 6 and the Extender.

Has anybody found a solution that does not involve using the mains to transmit data (does not work - consumer unit problems) or separate aerials.

John

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Using WiFi Extender BT 601 and BT Hub 6 to get to room at bottom of garden

Hi @JohnBateson  welcome back to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm not aware of any compatibility issue between these 2 devices. Give the product helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and  Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings