cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Using a BThub 4 as a wireless extender

Go to solution

Hi I have recently moved to BT fibre, which is working very well.

We live in a large house and wifi reception from the smart hub 2 is poor or non existent in some places.

I have successfully set up a hub 5 and hub 6 as extenders and now I'm trying to do the same with a hub 4

I can power up the hub 4, not connected to anything and connect wirelessly or via a wired connection but when I try to connect to 192.168.1.254 but it continually hunts for the index page.

Any suggestions on how I can connect also used all 4 ports without success, or is this router toast?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using a BThub 4 as a wireless extender

Go to solution

As part of the configuration of the hub4 as a WAP, you should have changed its IP address to something outside of the DHCP range of the master hub and it will no longer be 192.168.1.254 That will be the IP address of the master hub and won't be accessible until you have connected one of the hub4's LAN ports to one of the master hub's LAN ports. You need to use the IP address you have given the hub4 to access the management page.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Liquorice. So far I haven't been able to connect to change the IP address away from 192.168.1.254.

I have the hub 4 powered up separate from my fibre network, so no wan or lan connection

I can connect via wifi but get the cycling web page

Or I can connect an ethernet cable from my laptop to any of ports 1 to 4 on the hub 4 and get the same cycling through

something like this. Stop press after following debug suggestions it did allow me to connect and rest the IP address, turn off DHCP and firewall etc. So it looks like it is now working. Thanks for your help. Any other settings I should change?

I have also split the 2.4 and 5Ghz SSIDs

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Not sure if the hub4 has smart setup or not but turn it off if it does. Otherwise, nothing else to change.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Done, thank you

0 Ratings