cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 67

Re: Using a Smart Hub 6 as a Wireless Access Point / Range Extender With a Netgear Primary Router

@blueshift86wrote:

To OP @Abraxis  , I only found out when I got to page 3 or 4 you had problems with the HH6. Might save everyone a lot of time if you updated your original post highlighting the problems  you had with your HH6, and instead advise people to use another router. Thanks 🙂

The reason I haven't amended the original post is that it seems to work for some (either as a result of a further modification / change to steps or mostly with another router (HH5 or other).  Changing the original post would make any subsequent posts referring back to the points invalid - so better to add updates as new posts like I have done.

I'm still using this solution - with Netgear Nighthawk routers and it works flawlessly - so I have to conclude the fault is with the HH6 which has probably now been recycled into clothes pegs - which, let's face it, are a lot more useful!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 62 of 67

Re: Using a Smart Hub 6 as a Wireless Access Point / Range Extender With a Netgear Primary Router

Abraxis,

Resurrecting an old post, but I am now trying to set up a BT Hub 6 as a WAP. How long did you have to wait for the BT router to apply the settings? I am currently over an hour and it still states 'Saving Changes' . Any help or advice would be most welcome

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 67

Changes save immediately, if they aren't you have a faulty hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 67

It's another reason why I ultimately binned the BT routers. They are totally useless and have a mind of their own, totally unreliable, do not save settings, keep reverting back to what they want - so I dumped them in favour of Nighthawks, which have been faultless. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but save yourself a lot of stress and get a proper router that you have FULL control over, which you do not with these BT offerings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 67

Dupe

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 66 of 67

Thank you for the responses.  I must have two faulty ones then as neither will save the changes to the IP address

Back to the HH5 it is then

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 67 of 67

Hello @Abraxis 

Thank you for your very clear instructions on this tutorial; a great help!  And thanks too, to @Jayebmx who's original post led me here!

Can you help me with one issue I have?  Having followed the instructions in detail, all works fine.  I am using the HH6 as a Range Extender and have my laptop plugged in to it to get fastest possible connection.  My primary router is a Zyxxel.

The lights flash purple, as you describe, but then every 4-5 minutes I hear a 'click' sound from my HH6, the light turns to solid green, and my connection drops out.  After 30-40 seconds, the lights start flashing purple again and my connection kicks back in.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

0 Ratings