cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pehico
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Using a TP Link Powerline AV600 to connect from OpenReach Modem to Apple Airport Extreme Router

Hi,

Hope someone can help me... I have a new build house and the OpenReach modem is by the front door.  I don't want to use the BT home hub for 2 reasons... There is nowhere to put it, and I already use an Apple Airport Extreme and a Time Capsule to provide my home network.  This works well as it gives good coverage through the house as well as a continuous backup of my computer.

Instead of linking to the BT Home hub, I had the idea of linking LAN1 of the OpenReach modem to one of the AV600s, then picking up the other end of it in the kitchen on the Airport Extreme.  Then configuring the Airport Extreme to connect to internet. Then extending the network using the Time capsule.

The question is, will the signal from LAN1 of the openreach modem get to the Airport Extreme and will it work?

Many thanks in advance for your help.IMG_4143.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using a TP Link Powerline AV600 to connect from OpenReach Modem to Apple Airport Extreme Router

Yes, that will work.

0 Ratings
pehico
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Using a TP Link Powerline AV600 to connect from OpenReach Modem to Apple Airport Extreme Router

Awesome! Thank you

0 Ratings
pehico
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks again... it did work, however, it really slowed down the speed...  Good to know it works, but I might have to try another solution.... wish I had the builders put some ethernet cabling in when the house was being built now.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings