Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iansally
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Using a Tablet with Infinity

Go to solution

Hello Community,

At the ripe old age of 67 I am considering purchasing a tablet to complement my laptop at home.  I currently have BT Infinity Opt1 at home with black Hub3 I believe and would ask for help and information on the following.

I assume I will be able to use my tablet at home within a reasonable distance from the hub.  First out of the box, again, I presume the device will detect my hub's signal and link to it.  And lastly, will I be able to use it out-and-about away from the home hub.  I have heard the terminology "Hot Spots" but how do I know where they are and if I am near to one.

I hope I can link up with my original BT Broadband service with my tablet and not have to upgrade or find another provider to do the same job.

I do not have agreat understanding of these things and would ask for your help on this matter which would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Using a Tablet with Infinity

Go to solution

your tablet will connect to your HH just like your laptop - see the home network try and connect then enter password and should now connect.

if out and about then download the BTWIFI app which will allow you to login to BTWIFI signals when out and about - will need to login with your primary email address and pasword

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.

Yes, you can connect a tablet computer, there is a BT Guide here.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44480/~/how-do-i-connect-an-android-tablet-computer-t...

This only applies to Android tablets, which tend to be the most popular, as they are cheaper.

Highlighted
iansally
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks imjolly.

Assuming I download the BTWIFI app can I use it anywhere including mainland Spain and the Canary Islands or only in Hotspot territory?

iansally
0 Ratings
iansally
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank You Keith,

I will follow this up with interest.

iansally
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

you can try logging into BTFON when abroad using your primary email address but more likely you will get success if you can get free wifi at your hotel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gspearson
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I wasn't able to find a Fon hot spot in Menorca and it doesn't look as if there are any in Lanzarote either for my next trip.  But hotels usually have wifi - sometimes free.  My iPad doesn't pick up my HH3 as far as my laptop does so I have used a a BT Hotspot for the other half of the house, which actually covers the whole house.

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

iansally wrote:-    "At the ripe old age of 67 I am considering purchasing a tablet to complement my laptop at home."

I have sent you a private message.

0 Ratings