Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
StellaMan
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Using a database on the Cloud

I currently run a self-written VBA application on my PC and I want to rewrite it in VB.net.

Whilst doing this I am wondering if I can write it so that I can run it from my PC, as now, and also from my Laptop. I guess the whole application could be there if the data can, but for now I was only thinking of using it for the storage. 

I've never used "the Cloud" up until now and I appreciate it's fantastic capabilities for backing up data, BUT, will I be able to put a database into my Cloud storage and access/update it from a VB.net program from different machines ?!?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
BT Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Using a database on the Cloud

The professional way would be to have the database on a Server Database System (eg MySQL, Oracle Databse, ect..) and then the application connects to the database via a connection string or JDBC driver.

I don't think using BTCloud will be an efficient way to do it, though we'll see what the community suggests.

BT ExpertJamesC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on technical queries, where I can. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings