cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Using an Asus Router AX86U with an openreach modem instead of Smart Hub Type A to connect

Hi please can anyone help.

I have BT superfast halo broadband but my smarthub keeps dropping connection. I've bought a router and modem (see above) to replace it, but it won't let me connect to the internet - I don't understand why.  Can anyone suggest an idiot guide to setting it up, please. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using an Asus Router AX86U with an openreach modem instead of Smart Hub Type A to connect

@AFH 

Do you have a G.Fast connection? What speed do you normally get?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Using an Asus Router AX86U with an openreach modem instead of Smart Hub Type A to connect

Don't think  its a g fast. When I tested it this morning (with my SmartHub) I got about 9Mbps download and 8Mbps upload. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Then all you need to do is enter the generic PPPoE credentials of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT when prompted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@AFH 

In case it's more than just a username/password issue which modem did you get and exactly how are the modem & router connected?

Did you use the wizard to set it up?

0 Ratings