cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Using extender with new home hub 2

I recently changed over from hub 6 to home hub 2 , hoping to use for up and coming DV.  Now i am unable to get my  wifi extender 1200 to connect to the hub 2.

Should it be able to connect ? 

Question 2, Using more than one BT extender disc , Do the discs bounce off each other or do each on receive there source from the main hub.

As i have never been able to receive a wifi connection to my smart TV in my distant bedroom.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Using extender with new home hub 2

Re Q2, my network map of the discs shows they bounce of each other
Message 3 of 8

Hi @starship Can you try a factory reset on the extender and then follow the set-up process again?

1. Make sure the extender is plugged
in and switched on.
2. Press the Reset button for 1 second
to restore factory default settings.

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 8

Thank you kindly PC47 for the reply. Yes and just what i need, so picking up a pack of three tomorrow.

Thank you  Regards Tony.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Neil, Yes that was the answer, all working, but am upgrading the wifi system.

Regards Tony.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@starship 

Be aware that is its the BT Whole Home system that you are thinking of buying, one of those disks must always be connected to a LAN port on the home hub 2, they cannot link to it via wireless, only the black BT Complete Wifi disks can do that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks Keith.

Looking to purchase, BT Mini Whole Home WiFi mesh system.

I believe i am right in saying the first in line is Ethernet cable connected to LAN port on the hub 2, the rest feed by wifi ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

That is correct. You would also be advised to turn off the wireless on the home hub, to avoid any possible conflict.

One advantage of the system is that it can be used with any router, although you are restricted to using the Smart Hub 2 if you have BT Digital Voice, as that has the DECT base station inside.

0 Ratings