cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Using my own dual band router & cant get internet access

TP-Link Archer C50-AC1200 Dual band router. I am currently trying to use this router with my ADSL Connection as i have done with my previous 2 ISP'S, all of my settings are setup 100% correct on my router, ppp0e etc, i have all green lights & ready to go but when i connect to my router, it connects bo problem but i cannot get internet access. Is there a setting with BT i may have missed unlike my other 2 ISP'S or cant i use my router for some reason, although i should be able to. It does say on my pc & phone screen reset browser settings etc & this should solve the problem but it doesnt. Does anyone at all have a soloution to this or should i contact BT? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

G Crosby002016
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using my own dual band router & cant get internet access

@T3chn0W1z4rd_84 

Surely this is just a router and will need a modem to connect to your ADSL service.

Just how did it work with your previous ISPs?

Message 3 of 4

You need to attach to router as here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

IF ADSL then should be set to PPPoA not PPPoE which is vdsl

did you set router username to  bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password can be anything your router will accept

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings