Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJFortey
Message 1 of 4

Using my own router instead of BT Hub for BT Fibre

Go to solution

Hi All 

I have read a few of the posts, but instead of naming router I plan to use then I just checking the generic settings & personal settings that BT will provide.  It was scheduled to be on this weekend with FTTP, but been delayed a month now.  I have got the BT Hub in the post and as I thought my existing wireless modem is better than the one supplied by BT.

Where can I find details from BT on configuring our own router and the settings that I will require?  Any pointers?

Cheers

Steve

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using my own router instead of BT Hub for BT Fibre

Go to solution

If you have read the posts you will have seen that the login is a generic bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password bt.

You need to configure your router for PPPoE

SJFortey
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hello 

Yes it seems that you can put anything before @btbroadband.com, but use the password "bt".  PPPoE yes to that as well.  Just I was told by the sales advisor that it's very complicated to the normal user.  I think thats quite insulting to be honest.  

So, you don't get like at PlusNet an account & password to enter into the modem router config?  

I work in IT software development, not normally involved in home networks so I didn't think it would be to hard, but didn't think it would only be a matter of that 🙂 (lol)

Thank you for your very useful reply.

Steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

No, its a generic login, authentication is against phone line.

0 Ratings