cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev269
Beginner
Message 1 of 1

Using old Home Hub 3.0 Type B Router with an NVR and new 2019 release IP Network Camera?

Hi,

I have been using the Home Hub 3.0 (Type B) router for many years for broadband only, but I recently added a network video recorder to the LAN with a single IP Network camera connected to it.  My IP camera is a new 2019 release Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU and the problem I have is that as soon I am watching the live view, there is no delay which is great, but if I leave my IP camera on live view after approx. 30 minutes, there is a 3 or 4 second delay. If leave it on longer than an hour then the delay can be around 10 seconds. But if I go into the menu of my network video recorder and then click back into the live view, the delay disappears!

I wondered whether the router is so old that it could be causing this problem? In terms of bandwidth, I think I have enough, but I was thinking more of the CPU in the router being so old that it can't process the data fast enough. I've tried asking many people that know about CCTV cameras, but they can't seem to figure out the problem, so it makes more sense to me that it could be because I am using a very old router.

Many thanks for your help,

0 Ratings