Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Using own Hub and BT Help

HI,

some time ago I switched to using my Asus RT N-66U as the dropping from the Hub 5 was intolerable now if I get a slow BB issue and declare I use my own hub the support is non-existent - is that the case as I would have thought the responsibility for service up to the hub was in BT's domain?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Using own Hub and BT Help

I think you will find that the Terms and Conditions, (everyone reads these of course),  state that BT can’t support third party modems/routers.  You should keep the supplied hub and then use that before contacting support as they are unable to connect to third party devices to run diagnostics.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Using own Hub and BT Help

@Caher  If you are having speed/connection problem then post on either the infinity or adsl forum boards and you will get assistance with your connection problems regardless of router you use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings