Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

VDSL

Hi 

I used to have my router upstairs with a extension cable under carpet but wire broke so moved modem/router back to living room on master socket. 

Now sh2  is currently in living room and I was using tp link power line adapters till about July this year when a engineer didn't recommend them so stopped using them and been using wireless from sh2 to play online but wireless is not ideal. 

What's the best way to have router back upstairs again?. 

My  master 5c socket. 

Thank you

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: VDSL

I would try the powerline adapters and see what sort of connection you get.  If not good enough then post back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Before Julys engineer appointment  I was using powerline adapters and was getting latency variation on battlefield games. 

I had powerline adapters in one side in double socket and tp9980 router in other but prior to julys engineers appointment was using tp link router and TP power line adapters. 

You saying try sh2 and tp power line adapters combo. 

Will I still get latency variation. 

I was thinking putting some cw1308 back down from master 5c a/b terminals ( usually use a/b for VDSL extension).  to upstairs and using a normal bt telephone socket with filter just for fibre connection only. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Only by trying the powerline adapters with the SH2 will you know if it works for you or not

you could run Ethernet from data extension terminals in master upstairs to a socket and use filter for broadband 

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

No need for Ethernet cabling, CW1308 will do just fine. If you only want it for data, fit an RJ11 socket rather than phone socket, you won't need a filter to adapt it then.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

I tried several major DIY superstores, and few electrical retailers and no one has a rj11 socket.

Why they so hard to find

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Screwfix sell them, so do Amazon.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Thanks

Screwfix has screwless rj11 faceplate for 14.99. how's that work have I got but new back box to

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Smart hub 2 is currently on master socket in living room.  Im thinking moving back upstairs for the games consoles, but at moment the longest smart hub 2 been up without bt reboot not manual is 2 weeks , then a week, it's just did it again today after 5 days.

It's this what smart hub 2 do. 

Should I move router and best way to do it. 

Cheers guys

0 Ratings