cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

VPN Question...

I have BT Infinity hooked up to a TP Link VR9000 router.

I am working from home and have just got a laptop with Anyconnect on it (it doesn't work at the moment, probably due to waiting for an Anyconnect licence to be assigned to myself).

Reading around the subject, I came across "BT Web Address Help" might cause an issue and you should go into your preferences and disable it. I went on the link provided, but it just errors saying you have to be on your BT line to access the preferences. Which I am.

Is the BT Web Address Help still an issue for VPN? If so, how do you disable it?

Thanks.

Chris.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: VPN Question...

Can't really see how web address help could cause problems with a VPN.

I get the same error message when trying to access the page, not sure if it is still functional anyway.

ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

It might not do. At the moment I get "Login Failed" when I try to connect my work laptop to the work's network with Anyconnect. When I picked it up on Thursday I checked and my Anyconnect account wasn't enabled. Unfortunately, I can't now check the status of my account, as I have to login to my work account to get the emails (chicken and egg 😐)

Reading around VPN connections (first time I have tried it) there are a few Community posts about Web Address Help causing a problem. Hence the question.

Thanks.

Chris.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Seems odd, as I would have thought the opposite to be the case, i.e a VPN would circumvent web address help as BT's DNS servers wouldn't be used.

0 Ratings
ChristopherPovey
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings