cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSeasider
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

VPN & Complete Wifi Set up

As the Title suggests WILL IT WORK  ....????? 

I honestly cannot see HOW it could ....Using a VPN router I could connect my "Main" Computer (Via "Hard Wire") but everything else around the house 95% of the time will "Lock On to"  the Disc thats sitting in that particular room Via Wifi ...Which in turn "links" back to the Smart Hub & NOT the VPN Router .. 

Your Thoughts Ladies & Gentlemen would be most Welcome !! 

Regards

Keith J . 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: VPN & Complete Wifi Set up

Don't quite understand why and how you are using 2 routers.

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have my "Main" Smart Hub 2 & my VPN Router (so I dont have to put a separate VPN Software on each & every Device ) ....

Works like this ..... "Standard" Smart Hub 2 Set up .. & my VPN Router via LAN to the Smart Hub 2 + the "Main PC"is connected (Via LAN) to the VPN Router & thence to the Smart Hub ....

However, as I have "Several" peripherals (Wifes Laptop / Printer / Mobile Ect ect connected via Wifi to one of the DISCS  (In 4 Rooms of my house) there is NO WAY I can have my Peripherals connected to the VPN router (BECAUSE THEY ARE CONNECTED TO DISCS THAT ARE "LINKED" BACK TO THE SMART HUB 2 .. 

You See my Problem ???? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Yes, but I was wondering why you needed the smart hub at all. I guess you are using the black discs which only work with the SH2 rather than the white 'mesh' discs that will work with any router.

0 Ratings
TheSeasider
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Correct Licquorice I am ..
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The only thing I could suggest is to use the SH2 as the secondary router/wap and connect the VPN router to line either directly or via a modem. That way everything will go via the VPN router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Hmm, you would have to use the SH2 as a WAP rather than a secondary router as it doesn't have a WAN port unless you have FTTP.

0 Ratings