Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael528
Beginner
Message 11 of 23

Re: VPN connection to work

Go to solution
Thank you very much Keith. Will let you know how i get on when I get home. Been using a work PC and internet to try and solve the problem.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

@Michael528 wrote:
I was told the VPN would drop occasionally when I had Home Hub 5. but the frequency has increased since I got the Smart Hub. A BT engineer once told me the VPN drops because the Hub is so powerful.

You were told a load of rubbish, it should not drop out, as long as you have an Internet connection.

0 Ratings
Michael528
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution
Nice one Keith. I think you definitely have the solution. Can't wait to get home and give it a go. Will let you know how i GET ON.
0 Ratings
Michael528
Beginner
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Keith the one button that I need is missing. I only have four

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Perhaps you have a different version of the client?

As you can see, it mentions the exact message you are seeing, so it does appear to be a client issue. Perhaps Cisco or one of your work IT people can suggest a solution?

I assume this is the first home hub you have used with BT broadband, although I cannot see it being an issue, otherwise there would be other posts on the forum.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

@Michael528 

Just a thought, have you made sure that Smart Setup  is turned off on the home hub, as that causes lots of problems, and may be the cause of the message you are seeing, as the VPN client is being intercepted by smart setup?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Michael528
Beginner
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
Will give that a go now Keith. I have screen shots but I am struggling to post them. Not the best at that kind of thing. Thank you for your continuing help.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Screenshots are uploaded using the photo icon on the toolbar.

Capture.PNG

I doubt they will be much use to me, as I am not familiar with that client, and its a very long time since I had to use a VPN, as I am now retired.

0 Ratings
Michael528
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution
Keith I have turned Smart Set Up off (it was set to on) My screen shots are too big to send at the moment. Will mess with them now. But you may have cracked it.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@Michael528 wrote:
Keith I have turned Smart Set Up off (it was set to on) My screen shots are too big to send at the moment. Will mess with them now. But you may have cracked it.

Its often the simplest things that are overlooked.

"Smart?" Setup has to be one of the worse features of the home hubs, it causes loads of problems for many people, and should have been removed a long time ago.

0 Ratings