Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 41

Re: VPN issues

I did switch on the port clamping this morning after I lost the connection, & couldn't reconnect. Once I had switch on port clamping I was able to reconnect straight away, when this happened I thought i had cracked it. But no, just before midday I lost the connection & haven't been able to reconnect again since.

Regarding routers, a couple of weeks ago BT sent me a type 6 router, but it isn't any better than the type 5 where this problem is concerned. I do get a stronger signal in the garden now.

So I've had the issues with two routers & two laptops. Both laptops work fine over the 4G connection. 

0 Ratings
Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 41

I brought another router home from work today. Plugged it in & promptly lost our phone line. Put the BT router back & the phone line works again.

Looks like a job for Moulder & Scully 😳🤔

0 Ratings
Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 41

Had my longest run today connected to the VPN, 7.30 - 14.15.

Once I loose the connection I cannot reconnect, not even from a different laptop.

Other people at work are able to connect all day without issues, I can connect via a 4G Vodaphone router without issues, apart from it gives me 4Mpbs as opposed to the 50Mpbs I get from my BT line.

I keep being told that it isn't BT that are doing this, but I can't see any other cause.

0 Ratings
Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 41

Rebooting Laptop doesn't help either
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 25 of 41

Have you tried a factory reset on your hub?

0 Ratings
Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 41

No, but I'll try anything.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 27 of 41

You'll need to disable Smart Setup again when it restarts

0 Ratings
Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 41

OK.
Do you have any thoughts on me loosing the phone line completely last week when I tried a different router?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 29 of 41

I can only think of one possibility.

Just doing a very quick recap, I can't see anywhere where you've mentioned if you're on FTTP or FTTC, assuming you're on FTTC, did you keep the filter in circuit when you tried a different hub?

0 Ratings
Martin955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 41

I've got the latest BT master socket that doesn't have a separate filter if that's what you are referring to.

Other than that, I've no idea what you mean.

0 Ratings