Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

Vdsl modem with G.inp?

Hi all,

I would like to use my Tp-link router instead of the smart hub as it gives better coverage, is there a go to decent VDSL modem that supports G.inp. I’m on a ECI cabinet and would like to take advantage of G.inp when it becomes available. I have an Openreach ECI modem but I can’t seem to get firm confirmation that it supports G.inp. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Vdsl modem with G.inp?

The Huawei HG612 Openreach modem definitely supports G.Inp

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 15

The Draytek Vigor 130 VDSL modem also supports G.INP.  Just bought one myself to connect in front of an ASUS DSL-AC68U which has recently had G.INP disabled by BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

How is the sync on the Draytek?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 15

Anyone got any experience with the TP-Link VR2800, it has a built in vdsl modem and says that it supports G.inp. 

I like TP-link and this would be an all in one solution. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 15

I installed the Vigor 130 a couple of days ago and early this morning DLM re-synced my line and switched off interleaving - my latency has dropped way down as I am now back on FastPath and my sync rate increased to 77882 which is as high as I've every had on my line.  My Asus DSL-AC68U was previously getting 72000 with interleaving since BT dropped G.INP support for this model.   It is now just performing wireless router duties on my network.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

@brookheatherwrote:

My Asus DSL-AC68U was previously getting 72000 with interleaving since BT dropped G.INP support for this model.   It is now just performing wireless router duties on my network.

Since when?

I'm still on Fastpath with an 8ms ping.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 15

Yes if you have a good line then you will be on FastPath - my nearby friend is on a shorter line and has the DSL-AC68U as well and they get full 79999 on FastPath.  However if you have a longer line with some errors then DLM will now enable G.INP if you have a compatible modem - if not then it uses interleaving which is what has happened to my line with the DSL-AC68U.  The Vigor 130 seems able to sync higher than the DSL-AC68U on my line at least - this morning it went up to 79997 sync rate.

Some more details here:

http://whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=160&page=11

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

@Stuartd

I'm using the VR2800. I'm a fair way from the cabinet so I get sync rates of around 30 Mbps. Currently the VR2800 is giving me 32.2 Mbps. Typically I got just over 29 Mbps with the Home Hub 6. I also tried the DSL 68u but that was  slower than the HH6.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 15

@brookheatherwrote:

Yes if you have a good line then you will be on FastPath - my nearby friend is on a shorter line and has the DSL-AC68U as well and they get full 79999 on FastPath.  However if you have a longer line with some errors then DLM will now enable G.INP if you have a compatible modem - if not then it uses interleaving which is what has happened to my line with the DSL-AC68U.  The Vigor 130 seems able to sync higher than the DSL-AC68U on my line at least - this morning it went up to 79997 sync rate.

Some more details here:

http://whatsyourrouter.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=160&page=11

@brookheather Seems that I don't have G.INP enabled after all. That was a very useful link you posted so thanks for that.

0 Ratings