cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffo489
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Very disappointed in Whole Home Wifi

What can I do about the constant dropped connections, lost internet, and devices connecting to the wrong disc.

I have 4 Whole Home WiFi discs, in a 6 bedroom Victorian House.  All walls are solid brick, however all 4 devices are currently on the same level within 20 feet of the nearest disc.  All 4 discs are showing "good" connection constantly.

We tried connecting the PS4 to the Wifi, but it was unusable; we had to return to an ethernet over power adapter connected directly to my main (virgin) router.

Wifi is disabled on the Virgin Router.   

We have 2 Tivo boxes with Virgin.  The First one is 12 inches away from the first disc, which is connected to the Virgin router via ethernet.  And yet the Virgin Tivo box is connecting to the wifi via another disc 35 feet away in the next room (through 1 solid 12 inch brick wall)

It is not possible that the selected disc is a better option as the closest one is not even a foot away and is wired into the internet router.

There needs to be a method to lock a device to a disc when you know that a particular disc is best.  Is this possible?

When trying to watch a program recorded on the 2nd Tivo box on the 1st Tivo box, I can watch about 10 minutes before the connection drops, and I have to go through the menus to start the show again.

Help?  Or is BT Whole Home Wifi a waste of £200?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
JohnC2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Very disappointed in Whole Home Wifi

Hi @jeffo489 Sorry your connection with the Whole Home Wifi keeps dropping. 

please contact the product helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 and they will be able to help you. They are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

Cheers
John

0 Ratings