Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angryhobbit64
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Very low Wi-Fi speed on full fibre optic

Hi.

I have full fibre optic which is fine, normally no problem but last 24 hours the Wi-Fi from the Halo hub has dropped from the normal 300 Mbps to Kbps which caused problems accessing my usual websites such as Flickr and degradation of HD tv such as Netflix and Now Tv. However devices connected via ethernet were receiving 1.3 Gbps during this drop of Wi-Fi.

It appears the problem has now rectified itself but has occurred twice in last 24 hours.

Is this a problem with the hub? I have tried to detect a network error but can't find any.

There has been no changes to the position of the hub or anything obructing it. I'm presently receiving speeds of 230Mbps to devices so can't understand what caused the problem especially as I was able to receive such high speed connected via ethernet at the time of such dramatic drop in Wi-fi.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Very low Wi-Fi speed on full fibre optic

@Angryhobbit64 

Probably just interference on the wireless channel. I think there is an option to refresh the wireless settings, so it chooses a different channel.  Its usually just a problem on 2.4GHz, which is normally very congested, as its shared by many other devices, some of them use a number of adjacent channels at once.

0 Ratings