cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Very weak fibre900

Hi all, g'day!

Would welcome some inputs on my fibre 900 connection please. Just got it upgraded (no there's no new hub) last weekend - tested today wired to work laptop that gives 500; thought it's not bad but losing half of it really gets me. On wi-fi (samsung S22 Ultra) it gives 160. These are numbers from when I am in the room where it's set up; once I get to the kitchen which is next door on the same floor (ground floor) it dropped further and my tv there could not even connect. I try putting in a booster disc but it doesn't seem to help much, giving only 140-160 on second and third floors. 

Any clue please? Wondering if we need to call in the engineer - did the speed test on the BT app it kept saying it's delivering at 900. So either the hub goes wrong or BT's high speed just stays in one room? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Very weak fibre900

A wired connection will always be the best for connecting devices to a ultrafast speed broadband connection as WiFi picks up interference.

One thing to check if that your phone is  connecting to the 5Ghz WiFi connection rather than 2.4GHz as 2.4 picks up more interference and has less bandwidth/connection speed rating compared to 5GHz

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @jac_95 I did connect to my work laptop. It gave 500 at best, most of the time dropped to 300. I know I shouldn't expect full 900 but losing more than half really gets me. 

Please help - how could I check if I am connected to 2.4Ghz or 5GHz please? The hub comes with only one set of network name and password? Sorry. not very tech savvy.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Use a wired connection for maximum speed not wireless.
0 Ratings