Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogman172
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Videoconferencing Setup on Home Hub 5 (Port Forwarding & Firewall)-Help Please

Hi All

I'm trying to setup my Home Hub 5 for VC (Videoconferencing) with a Polycom app/device.

I've opened the basic port ranges by setting up a new game/application rule as follows

TCP 1720

TCP/UDP 3230-3285

TCP/UDP 5060

I assigned this to the relevant device/PC on my internal lan but was still being blocked by the HH5 firewall.

I then enabled the DMZ and put the PC in this to in theory circumvent the firewall but again, still being blocked.

So to check it was the firewall blocking I went to temporarily disable the fiewall competely but the HH5 won't let me do this.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Dogman172
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Videoconferencing Setup on Home Hub 5 (Port Forwarding & Firewall)-Help Please

Hi Guys

Can anyone at least adviise how to disable the firewall as when I try it ownt let me click the dot for disable?

THX
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Videoconferencing Setup on Home Hub 5 (Port Forwarding & Firewall)-Help Please

Assuming that you are a BT Residential customer, this page should help.

Port forwarding problems

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Dogman172
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi Keith

Many thanks for the pointers, I'll have a look now.

Yep residential customer....well can't view the page at the moment as "Sorry, you can only access this site from a BT broadband connection.".....nice one BT...lol

I'll have to try again when I get home then but it is a bit strange, especially why teh HH5 will not let me turn the firewall off?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

those web pages are from Keith's own web site the site is nothing to do with BT and are only viewable to BT customers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@Dogman172 wrote:

Hi Keith

Many thanks for the pointers, I'll have a look now.

Yep residential customer....well can't view the page at the moment as "Sorry, you can only access this site from a BT broadband connection.".....nice one BT...lol

As John has said, my website is in a closed user group for BT Broadband customers. Remember, I am only a BT customer, like everyone else here, apart fom the forum moderators who are BT employees.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sephiroth
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I note that these "distinguished Sages" have avoided answering your question about turning the HH5 firewall off.

It is one of the many reasons why I have invested in a Huawei HG12 standalone VDSL modem (ebay) and a decent router that has none of the HH series issues. You can turn anything on/off on a separate router and you're not constrained to BT's narrow thoughts designed for their support convenience.

Maybe if the Help Desk bods were brighter, they could add functions to the HH5!!

Seriously, have a look at doing what I've suggested and you'll have no trouble with Videoconferencing setup.
Seph

My advice is at your risk.
0 Ratings