cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Vigor Draytek 130 - trouble shooting VPN - bridgemode required?

Go to solution

Hello. I've recently had a BT connection installed by Openreach and I'm on Fibre 1 with FTTC. 

I wished to continue using my own Archer AX11000 router. I had many problems with double natting so I switched out my Smart Hub 2 with a Vigor Draktek 130. This is working well for all my uses internet, CCTV, remote desktop, Plex, Nest, Alexa and so on.  However, my wife can no longer connect to her work's VPN (whereas she could on our previous supplier (VM) with the same router set-up. She is continually asked to enter user details but they don't register.

The Vigor Draytek is running on its default mode with my Archer set to PPoE. 

I am now troubleshooting the VPN. I read that for some applications the Vigor 130 should be set to Bridge Mode (e.g. for IPTV). I haven't found any information that a VPN could be impacted and require Bridge Mode. Should I try switching to Bridge Mode to resolve this, or should I be looking elsewhere for a solution?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Vigor Draytek 130 - trouble shooting VPN - bridgemode required?

Go to solution

If the Archer is dealing with the PPPoE session, the Vigor must already be in bridge mode I would have thought. It should be transparent to the higher layers and just dealing with the DSL layer.

This might help https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5367

Set the VLAN to 101 as shown in the example

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hello @licquorice 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would have thought it was already in Bridge Mode but it seems there are some subtle differences in the way it operates. The user manual recommends just connect the Vigor 130’s Ethernet (RJ45) interface to your router’s Ethernet (RJ45) WAN Interface and proceed to set up that router (not the Vigor130) using the PPPoE protocol. Which I did. However, I also read this guide that has further changes:

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-bridge

This evening, I'll get a chance to direct connect to the Vigor and check its set-up.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Investigated and Draytek settings looked okay. Then asked my wife to reboot twice and it started working. I think the VPN must have had a hangover/cached data from the previous failures when attempting to connect through the Smart Hub 2 when it was in bodged mode. Thank you again for your expertise and time. So the conclusion is Vigor 130 supports the VPN with no problem in default mode, with the router set to PPPoE protocol.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Pleased you got it sorted, thanks for the update.

0 Ratings