Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Harkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal 3.3 connection problem with HH3

Go to solution

Hi thanks for all your previous help but I was still having the same problem so I have up graded to to the Home hub 4 but still seam to be having the same problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

I would recheck the GG-NAT issue, as the Ripe database entries are not reflecting the true status of the BT CG-NAT ranges.

Look at my updated page and check your WAN address.

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aratark
Contributor
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

When you set up the port forwarding, did you create your own rules or use pre-defined rules?  If the router has pre-defined rules for PPTP and IPSEC-IKE, you could try using those rather than creating your own.  Using IPSEC-IKE will probably mean having to turn off BT Wifi on the router as they both use port 500 on UDP.

I take it the ports you are trying to open are 8, 50, 123, 500, 1723 and 4500?  I forget which of these open on TCP, 1723 is one I believe, but not sure on the others.  WHat you could try after setting it up is to go to somewhere like ping.eu and do a port check from there, then check on the router firewall log to see if the packets are passing.  If they are passing the firewall, but not getting an open response on a port check, would normally start looking at the device rather than the router.

Apologies for any of this you have already done.

A

0 Ratings
Chris_Harkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Hi Keith I now haev a Home hub 4 but still seam to be having problems connecting so I am working through

Vodafones trouble shooting. Can you tell me how to port forwared IP address.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

@Chris_Harkin wrote:

Hi Keith I now haev a Home hub 4 but still seam to be having problems connecting so I am working through

Vodafones trouble shooting. Can you tell me how to port forwared IP address.

Its much the same as the HH3 I believe.

Here is an example of an IP camera Foscam IP camera on HH4

My other worked example is on this page, but I suspect the HH4 is similar.

Port Forwarding on the BT Home Hub 2 or 3.

0 Ratings
Chris_Harkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution
Neaver mind is working now
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

Excellent Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Chris_Harkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution
HI Keith hope you're still with BT care it's Chris aging I seam to be having the same problem again getting my Vodafone suresignal to work. The last time it came down to a firmware update which meant the home hub 3 was no longer compatible with the suresignal. So I order a new home hub 4 which I had to pay for as I was not due an upgrade to make things worse the home hub4 is very disappointing as am sure you are aware as I have reda a few bad articles on it. Anyway the home hub4 worked fine up until a few 6 weeks ago the the same thing happened the sure signal was working fine when I went to bed got up the next morning and it stopped working. So I was wondering have bt updateed the firmware recently?I'm pretty sure its not the sure signal as Vodafone replaced it after extensive trouble shooting. However this did n9t fix the issue an I replaced the home hub 3 with the home hub4 which as I say worked fin up until roughly 6 weeks ago.

Note I waited 6 weeks as I now Vodafone and Samsung where releaseing up dates an I had hoped they would fix problem.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

Chris,

I am nothing to do with BT Care, I am just a BT Customer like yourself.

Did you setup any form of port forwarding, and have you checked that the IP address of the device on your LAN, has not changed, as that will break the port forwarding?

If you cannot set the IP address on the device, then make sure that on the home hub you have selected "always use this IP address"

0 Ratings