Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdempers
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Vonage compatibility with BT Home Hub 5

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has managed to get Vonage working with the BT Home Hub 5. I have just moved to BT and my Vonage device will not register (the internet light comes on but the telephone line light does not come on). The device worked fine with my previous provider (Plusnet) and the Hub they provided. The same vonage device used to work fine with the BT home HUB 2 which I had a few years ago when I was a BT customer back then.

The Vonage device is configured to use DHCP (so no static IP address assigned to is) so in theory no changes are required on the Vonage device and it should just work once plugged in. I’m thinking it may be DMZ firewall rule related but not sure what needs setting.

Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome. Thank you

Maurice

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Vonage compatibility with BT Home Hub 5

I would try setting a static IP address outside of your HH's DHCP range,

maybe your Vonage box defaults to a different subnet ??

Cheers..

0 Ratings
mdempers
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the suggestion.
Don't know what happened but it all just suddently started working after a reboot of my BT home HUB 5 without me having to make any changes on my router or the Vonage device. So for the benifit of other people reading this, I can confirm that the Vonage adapter type VDV23 works with my BT Home Hub5.

0 Ratings
slhuffy
Message 4 of 6

I am having the same issue with my Vonage not working with my BT Home Hub 5. Can you please tell me how you have your system configured? I have no extra routers on my network. I can not get the phone line to light  up at all. I have spent hours on chat with both Vonage and BT trying to figure it out. Thank  you.

0 Ratings
mdempers
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi slhuffy

What you need to do is log into your BT account settings and turn off “Parental Control”. I cannot remember if turning parental control takes immediate effect or not. Anyway once parental control is turned off Vonage will kick into life. The only reason I know Parental control is the issue is because I logged a call with Vonage and they told me.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Maurice

0 Ratings
Ianmc
Message 6 of 6

Has anyone connect the Vonage device to a bt Wi-fi extender 610 using the Ethernet cable/port?
0 Ratings