cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g4vvq1983
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

WI FI connection to IP Camera

Hi All, I have upgraded to a Smarthub 2 and now I cant find my IPCAM, its not in the Wi Fi list, everything else in the list works, I cant find a way to search for it, tried the search in the Camera program that cant find it, tried it with ethernet cable, still cant find it, it worked ok with the last BT hub I had, home hub, i'm sure the camera itself is ok but my router cant find it....think its an SRI camera outside the house, with short antenna on...do I need  to set up Port forwarding or anything like that, if so I don't know what IP address o Port number it is etc...I tried it with firewall off still not there....it just seems like it doesn't exist...from Fred in Essex uk.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: WI FI connection to IP Camera

The new hub will have a different wifi SSID and password to the old one, you either need to update the wifi settings on your camera or change the settings on your new hub to match the old one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
g4vvq1983
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: WI FI connection to IP Camera

Hi there, ok well it sounds easy, I cant see how I can update the camera, its an Sricam outside camera, I will tell you how far I have got so far, after a lot of head scratching, I mean a few days, I have managed with the aid of the P2P? camera searcher to find the camera, but that is with a LAN lead, if I take the lead out it just goes off, the link from the laptop to the camera is ok, its the link from the camera to the router, I understand what your saying about ssid, but don't know how to change it, will it effect everything else, in my router dashboard everything that is wifi comes up on there except the camera, I tried turning the firewall off but made now difference.

What I ended up doing was getting a pair of there internet link units you plug in the mains supply and using those so the link is via the mains cables but at least it works and there are no visible cables, just one to the camera and another one to the router...thanks for you assistance from Fred in Essex Uk.

0 Ratings