cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattcole
Message 1 of 4

WIFI CONNECTIVITY ISSUE WITH BT INFINITY

Hi, hope this is the right forum.

I have a BT Infitinty Home Hub 3 with an Open Reach white modem, domestic service. Have had them for a couple of years. Wired broadbadn to my PC is rock solid and very fast. 

We have serveral wireless devices in the house (Ipad, Ipod Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle Readers and 2 Blackberrys).

I've noticed with the Ipod Touch in particular (and possibly the BB's, though we use their internet so rarely as they are not good for that) that the wifi signal CONSTANTLY drops out.

Can't figure out if this is a router problem or a device problem. Done a fair bit of googling and tried turning on / off, changing wireless channel, clearing saved wifi network settings in Ipod.

2 questions:

1. any suggestions for fool-proof diagnosis process (ie device or router responsible)?

2. One forum mentioned trying to get the router automatically to allocate individual, static IP addresses to each wifi device. Is this possible? How? How would I know if this is even causing the problem?

Help appreciated. Non techie but persistent and in need of a solution!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: WIFI CONNECTIVITY ISSUE WITH BT INFINITY

I have no end of wifi dropouts as well with the homehub 5, the 2.4ghz range is poor for modern wifi standards upstairs bedrooms and you lose connections. 5ghz is worse as its shorter range higher frequency.

We were with sky before and had no problems with wifi, Its like they cut a corner with the wifi for Homehub routers keep the cost down, we get solid signals from 3 houses away from different providers so cluttered frequency range and too many brick walls to pass through is just an excuse from my perspective.

0 Ratings
bumper31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I've been getting this issue as well. Same set up - So interested in any replies

I live in flats and thought it was initially conflicting wifi but using a WIFI analyser I moved the WIFI channel to a less used one.

This hasn't helped.

And to be honest I think it is getting worse......is there some component int he HH3 that wears out? I have had mine over 2 years?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

with the HH3 have you tried a factory reset using the recessed button on back and holding till lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings