cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenh1978
Message 1 of 8

WIFI PROBLEM

HI  can some help me (BT) my wifi doesnt and as never work oustside my livingroom also i got to keep the youview box in a certain positions are it said signal problem bt will not are can not fix the problem this as been going on for 9 months at a cost of £80 per month i keep getting told someone will ring me back they did once and offer me £6 for my trouble no offer to send someone to fix the problem i was with sky for years didnt have any of these  problem

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: WIFI PROBLEM

Welcome to this user forum

Where is the BT Home hub located, and which version is it?

Where is the BT YouView box located, and how is it connected to the BT Home hub?

Wireless connection issues are not investigated by BT, as the are too many variables, however there are plenty of people on this user forum who can offer help with this.

0 Ratings
kenh1978
Message 3 of 8

i have got BT hub 5 the youview box is right next to it connected by ethernet cable 

Wireless connection issues are not investigated by BT  

they claim to have the best wifi in England on there advert  how can they make that claim without some sort of  investigations to prove this point i was with sky i never had this problem as we all know BT own the lines so how can sky who rent the line off BT able to provide me with proper service ie wifi in each room and BT can not 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Sky and BT Retail use totally different routers.

Wireless interference can cause connection issues.

Have you tried all 13 wireless channels? You have to disable smart wireless to do that, as it only allows access to three channels which are usually very congested. Try channel 13 on 2.4GHz.

Which devices do you have problems with?

0 Ratings
kenh1978
Message 5 of 8

the wifi signal does not go beyond the livingroom so all. I have tried changing the channel twice change the box twice as well still no joy i need to someone to come out and sort it out and fix it  .I know 2 people in the same apartment block with bt and they got no problem and all the flat are the same desgin it clearly something that need a engineer not someone with a script on the other end of the phone 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Do you have any computers that you connect using an Ethernet cable, do they work fine?

I did ask what devices you are having problem with?

Did you try all channels, especially channel 13 which is usually quite good?

Try separating and renaming the SSIDs, as this can cause connection problems.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1

BT will not visit to sort out a wireless only problem. If you ask for a visit, you will be charged £130 if the issue is nothing to do with the actual broadband connection.

If there are speed or connection issues with Ethernet connected devices, or the connection keeps dropping and the home hub lights change colour, then that is a different issue.

0 Ratings
kenh1978
Message 7 of 8

i do have a computer using ehternet cable no problem with it  

devices my phone htc M8 son iphone 6 lovano tablet and any other device i try to connect past the livingroom the light on the box does change once in a while to green also each time i ring BT they say they can see a fault on the line them i get told to this and that which i do them i get told we will get someone to ring you back only once as someone rang me back and offer me £6 haha anyway thanks for your help i spend way too much time on this it not sort in the next week i just throw it all in the bin shute stop paying and call sky i go pub to watch the city match in europe my company solictor is tellingh me i can end it as it not fit for propose without any charge 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Remember, this is only a customer to customer help forum.

Try the changes to the wireless settings as I suggested. Otherwise I cannot suggest anything else, as your broadband connection is fine.

You could ask BT for a replacement home hub, or buy your own 3rd party router with external wireless aerials.

0 Ratings