Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tundew
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

WIFI devices Issues on Internal Network

Go to solution

Hello all,

I have BT Home Smart Hub 2 recently and i have realised i cannot remotely manage or connect to the wifi devices on the internal network. Access to the internet is fine from all devices on my network but the issue is the connection to wifi devices. We have to physically use a USB cable to print from our wireless printer otherwise a print could take 30 minutes to come out on one page.

I did a ping test to the internal wifi devices and there are a lot of "request timed out" replies. This shows there is something definitely wrong with the wifi connections even though their individual signal strengths are very strong. I have two additional wifi discs to boost signal.

Any help please?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
tundew
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Re: WIFI devices Issues on Internal Network

Go to solution

In addition this issue only started with the new smart hub as i could connect and share files with other members of the family with the old broadband hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

did you turn off smart setup   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tundew
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

yes i did turn off smart setup this morning when i reported this issue to BT and i have rebooted the hub twice but still same issue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

as you have new hub and new SSID did you reset the printer and then connect the printer to the new SSID of the hub.  some printers need you to do the initial setup using a USB cable and select the wireless network 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tundew
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

yes i did reset and reinstalled the printer but its not only the printer. When i try to connect to any other computer on the network, i have the same issue. trying to ping any other computer, i get a mix of time outs and replies

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Have you tried setting everything up again. Disconnect or turn of the additional discs. 

If your devices connect and work as they should then introduce one disc into the network and r-check performance. If that is OK introduce the second disc and re-check.

This should help in trying to diagnose where the problem may lie. Once that has been established it should be able to better ascertain the fix. 

0 Ratings
tundew
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Yes i have just done that now but still the same problem. when i ping the printer, i get at least one request time out in 4 responses and when i do a continuous ping i get a few. I also pinged my wife's computer and all the response was timed out with no response so i cant connect to it on the same network, Very strange

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@tundew wrote:

Yes i have just done that now but still the same problem. when i ping the printer, i get at least one request time out in 4 responses and when i do a continuous ping i get a few. I also pinged my wife's computer and all the response was timed out with no response so i cant connect to it on the same network, Very strange

Is this when there are no discs connected?

Keep the discs disconnected until you can establish a decent connection to the Smarthub.

Have you tried a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds?

If you are having the problem when there are no discs connected it would point to a faulty Smarthub.

What were you using prior to the Smarthub. If you still have the device have you tried using it to see if it works OK.

0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Have you turned Network Discovery on using Control Panel on your and your wife's laptops?

When you sign on to a new network some versions of Windows default to Public network profile.

0 Ratings