cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frizzybee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

WIFI issues

I am totally scunnered with BT. We changed over from Sky at the beginning of the year and we never had the issues that we are having now!
We are having issues with devices not connecting to the Wi-Fi. My son's xbox won't connect, his amazon fire tablet connects sporadically (now we are getting an authentication error since new router), the internet on our phones won't refresh. The smart tv won't connect.
We had an engineer out last week and they couldn't find any faults on the line and he thought it was the hub as he could connect wirelessly when he was standing close but as soon as he moved 5 meters away the Wi-Fi dropped. So we ordered a new router, which took 3 attempts, and connected it up tonight - which has resulted in exactly the same issues.....

We are not IT minded so we don't know how to play around with the settings...

Does anyone have any easy fixes or know how easy it is to get out out a contract! We are definitely not getting the service that we are paying for. Also try explaining to a 7 year old why he can't get on his xbox on play his games on his tablet.... 😡😡😡
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: WIFI issues

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

This is a common problem for new customers and a forum search would brought up the suggestion made by    @Keith_Beddoe Which normally solve your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Frizzybee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Hi, I have managed the 1st 2 points but am struggling with the 3rd point. I get as far as the advanced settings and see the bit about 5 and 2.4ghz but i can't see the 'Sync with 2.4 Ghz' to No. Do I need to separate the band's 1st?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi @Frizzybee 

Thanks yes you will need to separate the bands then click on the 5ghz tab and change the ssid (network name) of the 5ghz band.

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

If the OP has a Smart Hub2, the bands can't be split. Despite being the source of many problems, the Hub designers think they know better and have removed the facility to split the bands.

0 Ratings
Frizzybee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I think I have managed to rename the 5ghz. Maybe a silly question but how do I know which devices are dual band?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Which version of the hub are you using

if unsure then post stats. Advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

If you have managed to split the bands, your devices will now have 2 entries for your hub, the original SSID and the re-named 5Ghz SSID if they are dual band. If you can't see the renamed 5Ghz SSID on the device it will be because it is only single band.

0 Ratings
Frizzybee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ90263545

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

28-Mar-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 1 Hours 30 Minutes 3 Seconds