Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pangit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

WIRELESS COVERAGE

This morning, my broadband was switched from Sky to BT, and am now using the BT Homehub4. In the farthest bedroom from the hub, the wireless signal is still weak - as it was earlier with Sky. I had configured a second Sky Wireless Hub (rebranded Netgear DG934G) as a wireless extender, and this was working well.

I have tried to reconfigure the Sky Hub as an extender to the BT Hub, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly, and the signal is either very weak or non existant !! Does anyone else have any experience of this or any tips that can be passed on.

My setup now is Homehub4 connected to ADSL. From Homehub4 there is a hardwire through the attic into the farthest bedroom and plugged into the back of the Sky Wireless hub (also plugged into the Sky hub is a desktop, and I can access the internet, so the connection is fine).

I have reconfigured the Sky hub in a similay way to previously by changing the IP address (192.168.1.254), the router name, the SSID, and the key, turning off DHCP, and also changing the channel number so there is a separation of 6 channels from the Homehub4.

Any input would be appreciated'

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
wmb
Message 2 of 3

Re: WIRELESS COVERAGE

Just seen this post. Yup, I pay for superfast broadband but I get a signal well in one room only,occasionally I can pick up in my lounge , but this is so rare. This was set up by BT Engineers and is hopeless.  I see Sky is offering a free repeater. Is BT going to offer that?

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: WIRELESS COVERAGE

When I added BT TV to my Infinity package, I got a YouView Box, and a pair of powerline networking plugs - only ethernet, but once I'd got them I was able to get hold of a single wifi powerline plug and put that in my poor signal area.  The only problem is that neither my laptop, nor my phone or tablet will automatically switch even if the signal from upstairs where BT put the hub is down to one bar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings