Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: WPS no longer gets disabled by BT

Go to solution

@jamiedanjoux wrote:

Is there a way I can force my Hub 3 to enable the WPS function like doing a firmware update etc....?

I've no idea if BT actually manage the hub3's on a Plusnet connection.

If WPS is not showing as an option, disconnecting the hub from the modem, then resetting the hub will restore it. This should then allow WPS to be used, but not long after reconnecting it to the modem, WPS will vanish (until the latest firmware is pushed to it, again don't know about Plusnet).

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
fletcher81
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

warning do not have wps on as its rally risky with the reaver attack it cracks your wps pin and then your wpa password is got as well and it dose not matter if you change ya password as its easy 2 get back with the wps pin i just got the homehub 4 trying it now in next few hour i will turn wps off

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Oliver341
Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@fletcher81 wrote:

warning do not have wps on as its rally risky with the reaver attack it cracks your wps pin and then your wpa password is got as well and it dose not matter if you change ya password as its easy 2 get back with the wps pin i just got the homehub 4 trying it now in next few hour i will turn wps off

Home Hub 4 only uses WPS push-button, and not the insecure WPS PIN.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
ghostzz
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

the bt home hub 4 & 5 are extremely vunenarble to reaver they won't lock up probably

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@ghostzz wrote:

the bt home hub 4 & 5 are extremely vunenarble to reaver they won't lock up probably

They are not vulnerable. Neither device support WPS PIN authentication.

Oliver.
0 Ratings