cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niccol
Message 1 of 8

Is the WPS button meant to light up when it is pressed? It seems that it is but mine doesn't and I am having problems connecting a printer...

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: WPS

Go to solution

Hi Can you confirm what HUB , router or Wi-Fi extender are you using ?

0 Ratings
niccol
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, that would have been useful ...

BT Smart Hub
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
the help pages say:- Press the WPS button on the top or side of your Hub. On a BT Smart Hub or Smart Hub 2, the button will flash blue. On other Hubs the Wireless light will flash orange
Within the next two minutes, press the Connect button in the PC wizard. Your computer will automatically establish a wireless connection with your Hub. If successful, the Wireless light on your Hub will go out or if you have a BT Smart Hub or Smart Hub 2, the light will go solid blue and then go out.
If you don't manage to press the buttons within two minutes of each other, just try again.
What printer is it ?
WPS is not very reliable, you should have a process to add manually.
But your questions was should the HUB flash ,, “YES”

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

If you still have trouble, log into the Smarthub manager (192.168.1.254)/advanced/wireless and make sure WPS is enabled

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

You are best not to use the WPS button. Enter the wireless passkey/password manually. 

niccol
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
@V_Meldrew
Thanks. Good Answer.
It was enabled. But there is an option next to it to just turn WPS on. Which I did and problem solved. Blue flashing light on the button etc. I suspect that it is just the button itself that is broken. BT are sending another unit out.
Thanks again
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@niccol  No problem, glad to hear you're sorted.

0 Ratings