cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fellowes52
Message 1 of 8

WYZE Camera

I recently purchased the WYZE home CCTV camera. They have been getting great reviews online. My issue is I can not seem to get it to connect. It says on their app to only use the 2.4GHz band. I have separated both 2.5/5GHz, named them differently and still can't get it to connect.

Does anyone have any advice on here on a work around for smart devices such as this? I have contacted their support to but I may as well talk to myself! 

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: WYZE Camera

Try switching off the 5ghz and then see if you can connect to 2.4ghz. If connected then re-enable the 5ghz

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Fellowes52
Message 3 of 8

Tried that too unfortunately, nothing seems to work. Even tried getting a range extender thinking I could go into its settings and set it to 2.4GHz only but seems no option for that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Did you see this similar post https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/reolink-cameras/td-p/1945469

Also Change the SSID of the home hub, so that it does not have any non-alphanumeric characters, as some devices do not like the "-" in the SSID.

0 Ratings
Fellowes52
Message 5 of 8

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately that didn't help. I tried changing the SSID to something simple. Changing the password to just numbers, something without any numbers and still no joy! 

I can't even try it without a passkey as WYZE has disabled anyone accessing the camera without WPA for security reasons. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Fellowes52 Have you tried turning off smart setup on your Hub?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Fellowes52
Message 7 of 8

HI Neil,

I have indeed. That feature hasn't been active on my router for years.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Fellowes52 Thanks for confirming that I was just making sure as I have seen similar problems when trying to connect devices that don't have a browser page to go through the set up.  Unfortunately that was my one and only suggestion, hopefully someone else will be along shortly to offer some advice.

I found this WYZE set up help page on their site that you may find useful.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings