cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
boobylops
Message 1 of 4

Want to connect 5pc's via ethernet cables to HH6 (Have 2).Have BT infinity. How do I do this

Go to solution

Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have 5 pc's which I need to connect to the internet permanently by ethernet cable, plus my freeview box and a couple of phones.

I currently have BT infinity and 2 HH6 (my sister gave me hers as she didn't need it).

How do I go about connecting all the pc's when there are only 4 ports on the HH6 please

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Want to connect 5pc's via ethernet cables to HH6 (Have 2).Have BT infinity. How do I do this

Go to solution

Buy an Ethernet switch with the number of ports that you want and plug it into one of the Ethernet ports on the hub then plug your devices into that.

Zurdo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Want to connect 5pc's via ethernet cables to HH6 (Have 2).Have BT infinity. How do I do this

Go to solution

Take your pick. There’s loads of choice.

gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I use one of these, https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/go-sw-5g-5-port-gigabit-desktop-switch

I have it sat behind the TV, with the TV, Blu-Ray, and Youview box all plugged into it, and just one cable from the Hub.

It's just plug-in and go, no setup required.

Take care when you buy though as these are avaliable in many flavours, make sure to go for one that supports Gigabits, as opposed to Megabits to get the best speed.

0 Ratings