Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Warning Kaspersky and loss of admin screen to Smart Hub

Go to solution

If you are running Kaspersky internet security/firewall on your PC connected by ethernet cable to a BT Smart Hub you may loose access to the admin screen at 192.168.1.254 using any browser

I have noticed that this can occur randomly, typically if you reset the hub from the PC.

(note you can still access the hub admin screen by wireless when this happens)

Disabling Kaspersky does not help, you need to do a full uninstall of Kaspersky and a reinstall

This problem is mentioned in many other threads but I thought it would be helpful to mention Kaspersky in the subject line

There is also further mention of this type of problem on the Kaspersky forum

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=a8e8b5caf245611eb719a69525adbf95&showtopic=361588&hl=192.168...

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Warning Kaspersky and loss of admin screen to Smart Hub

Go to solution

It would appear it is not just the smart hub, seems any router using an addres in the 192.168.1.xxx subnet is affected with Kaspersky 17.0.0.611 I am still using 16.0.1.445 and don't have any problems.

varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I still had this problem even with Kaspersky uninstalled. HH6. Tried it on both my sons Laptops (wireless) which dont use Kaspersky and same issue there. Even factory reset the HH6 didnt work as it then got stuck in the "green light error"

Went back to HH5 for a few days. Put HH6 back on and home page worked again.

Never ever had this issue with HH5!

0 Ratings
misiokicio
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Well,   I found a better way for now till the new D patch is released for the Kaspersky 2017,,    is in the beta testing at the moment,    ok going back to solution lads,       set your default hub getaway IP to 192.168.2.1   and   your address range to 192.168.2.2   to 192.168.2.254,      sorted,    u can now access your home hub config page from your pc/laptop with kaspersky 2017    version 17.0.0.611

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ian7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Another workaround I found was just to change the Smarthubs administration address to one under the DHCP range, say 192.168.1.40  (using the wireless access to 192.168.1.254 - from say a tablet that still works)

It seems that this problem happens "sometimes" when you reset the hub, something causes Kaspersky to not like 192.168.1.254

A Kaspersky re-install allows you to use 192.168.1.254 - alternatively changing the Hubs address also works .

I found that after a re-install of Kaspersky, I have had no further problems - I have avoided reseting the hub from my ethernet connected PC running Kaspersky. (or when that PC is on)

0 Ratings