cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bikeit
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Weak Wi - Fi

I am currently using BT HH3 but the wi fi signal is so weak upsatirs it takes ages to load pages and it wont even let you print wireless, so am i better to get a new HH5 or a different branded modem / router or get a wi fi booster kit?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
gutted
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Weak Wi - Fi

i have just had a hh5  installed i find the wifi very weak compared to the ee router i used before

0 Ratings
bikeit
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Oh thats bad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

If you are going to spend money you would be better to buy a third party router. If you stick to the well known brands such as Netgear, TP-Link etc you won't go far wrong and will be better than a cheap mass market Homehub.

0 Ratings
bikeit
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

So it a VDSL 2 modem router i need to look for?

0 Ratings
Bigmac77
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 13

I've been very impressed with my HH5 wifi, it's even better than my old Billion 7800n and I thouhgt that was good.

Highlighted
bikeit
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

If i was to get a lend of a HH5 is it easy to set up, and would the person who lent it to me have to do anything when i give it back to them or is it simlpe plug and go?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

If you can borrow one it is just plug and go. You will need to use the wireless passkey that is on the label if you want to connect a wireless device.

0 Ratings
bikeit
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Cheers guys, looking at other options like TP link Billion and netgear, but if im being honest i would like to do this without spending too much money.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

If you are on Infinity with an white Openreach modem and the Homehub 3 you could just replace the HH3 with a router for about £30. Just make sure that the replacement has a WAN socket. You do not need to replace it with a VDSL modem/router unless you want a one box solution.

0 Ratings