cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Website Access Redirected to Localhost

I use three laptops, a tablet and mobile phone across my Wi-fi BT Halo Hub.

I manage a website built with Wordpress.

I have lost access to the website.

Whichever device I use to login via the Wordpress dashboard, I get a failed to connect message and the login has redirected to error page http 500.

Trying to understand what is going on it seems my login requests are redirected to localhost 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Is this caused by the Hub?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Website Access Redirected to Localhost

I just found I had posted this same problem last year, but do not recall doing so, or solving the issue, and have used the website often in the meantime since ‎30-01-2022
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

this sounds like a config issue from when wordpress was setup and then moved to a host.

https://azureossd.github.io/2016/07/12/wordpress-redirecting-to-wrong-url/

but it also could be a dns setup issue for the domain

Message 4 of 7

If it is a dns issue you should be able to tell using nslookup  and tracert.

From a command prompt type nslookup <website> it should tell you the ipaddress of the site along with the  address of the  dns server it is asking - normally your BT router unless you have not used DHCP service on your router.

You can try tracert <website> and it should show you the  routers between your pc and the website.

If there is a spurious dns entry pointing you locally you should be able to find it.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks @countrypaul, nslookup listed 10 steps from laptop to website server. No #3 timed out 

The results did not mean much to me and did not identify a divert to Localhost. The problem persists.

The CMD  tracert  returned invalid note.

Logged into my BT Hub manager. There are no settings that refer to diverts or DNS.

I have also done a CMD dns flush with no success.

Any more ideas would be welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, will take a look at these options. WP-Admin Dashboard not accessible due to this issue, so the MySQL Workbench option certainly worth looking at later this evening.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Website Access Redirected to Localhostd

I think you may have mixed up your results. Tracert is likely to report 10 steps to the webserver and often some will be un-named due to timeouts.

Nslookup should return the ip address of the named node you entered, though it could be a list of alternate addresses.

What do you mean by "returned invalid note",  could it be node rather than note? 

0 Ratings